I lie awake at 4 am pondering a few questions....and I can't help but to wonder if we ever truly know the good answer or do we just finally make a choice to stop the questioning?
I have always had an interest in travel nursing but am so close to my family I have had a hard time leaving and going somewhere else. I love everything about Michigan, the culture, Detroit, certain foods and drinks you can only get here, etc. But I know there is so much more elsewhere. I am so happy when I am riding my bike or walking on a beach (I hate the direct sun though so I am not happy laying out). However, will I be happy knowing no one? I am so outgoing I know that it won't take long to fit in and make new friends, but is that the right choice for me? I don't know and I have applied to do travel nursing now its just up to me to apply for a position and accept it....we will see come April 27th when I finally have an open schedule.
I have an amazing best friend on the West Coast whom I share so much in common with. We met over the death of one of our good friends and its been history since. You know when they say theres one person for you, this is my one person. The only thing is he is in LA and I am too big of a chicken to move out there since its so far from family. Every year we get busy and do not talk for a wile, but then something reminds one of us of each other and its like we never missed a beat. He knows everything about me and still would do anything I ever asked of him. I could not have asked for a more perfect best friend. A California nursing license takes 6 months to get so the thought of my first nursing travel assignment being there is out of the question for right now.
I need to move out. I am almost 28 and still living with my parents. I am not complaining because I love having someone in the house all the time so I do not go running into the kitchen with my gun every little noise I hear, but lets face it, its time to move on. But theres so many if, ands, or buts. I do not want to rent because I feel like I am wasting my money because I can live at home for free. I want to buy a house but I am so damn picky and I do not want to spend a ton of money on a house I may potentially have to sell in the future when I get married or meet someone and end up living together.
These thoughts I think about often...I wish there was a clear answer to all of them but there never is. We have to put our faith in god and hope that the good outweighs the bad and that we make the right choice. Heck, if we don't, we all make mistakes and can figure it out later.
Hello my name is Billy and I think I went to school with you at Mercy College. Am I correct?
ReplyDelete