In January I was pretty sick while training in the NICU. I had two weeks of a horrible flu and couldn't believe I was that sick. There were so many times in those two weeks that I wished I could just go to sleep and wake up again when I felt better. However, I always thought of the children with cancer and how they felt 10x worse that I did and it was just a small sickness compared to what they go through.
In February I struggled to work days while training in the ICU. I am so glad that I had a struggle because I got put on nights with the best preceptor ever. I learned so much, had some really interesting patients, and developed my love for the ICU.
In March my manager told me that she wanted me to become PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certified so that I could become a SWAT nurse. I put that in the back of my head because I had just started to date someone and had more focus on that.
In April I turned 27 and realized that life was flying by. I also received an award from Turning Point as Everyday Woman. This was a true honor and a beautiful banquet for a handful of women who contribute to society in many ways. It was great to hear Kim Worthy talk about how we all need to come together and unite to help society.
In May I finished another semester of school and had been a nurse for 2 years. I also became PALS certified and started training for SWAT nursing.
In June I became a SWAT nurse and decided to go on a mission trip in 2015.
In July I took on a big project, The Beer Tent at the Wyandotte Street Fair for the Jaycees. In 4 days I helped organize and manage workers pouring beer from 11 am-12pm, raising almost 100,000 for the City of Wyandotte and the Jaycees. I also graduated with my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing.
In September I took my first vacation in a wile. I also took a job as a part time Nursing Instructor at Children's Hospital for Monroe. I learned so much about myself
In October I became the Director of For A Day foundation, a foundation that has been near to my heart for 5 years now. I did not know why the issues with Camp Quality happened and I kept thinking I needed something else, and that something else happened to be director of FAD. I am excited to take on this journey and see where we head as an organization. The guy I was dating for the past 8 months decided that he didnt want to get married or have children in his future so we parted ways and although I was heartbroken, it is what it is. I just wished we had never dated because our friendship is a bit ruined now.
In November and December I worked a lot of overtime at the hospital and really learned a lot about myself. I was put here on this Earth to help others and there is nothing more I would rather do than help others. I learn so much everyday I am at work because I have amazing coworkers.
I also gained the weight back that I wanted to gain to be at a health weight because I have had issues with gaining weight since my gallbladder came out.
I did not buy a house like I wanted to this past year, but that is okay. I would rather be houseless than living in a house that requires a lot of work and TLC. When I buy a house I want one I can move into without little work.
I also did not foster a child this year, but next year I will be more ready than I was this year. I will accomplish the rest of my training in the early part of the year.
2015 will be a great year, I am starting it off with a vacation, I hope to have a great relationship, buy a house, and start my masters of nursing in education.





No comments:
Post a Comment