Friday, March 28, 2014

Twerk It

We wonder why society it turning into so much negativity.

I encountered a woman the other night who had a four year old daughter.  She told her daughter to put her hands on mama and show Miss Megan how to twerk it.  I would have loved to see a picture of my face at this point because I swung my head around and said, "At 4 I was doing the if your happy and you know it and hokey pokey songs/dances."  The mother let me know that girls need to know how to twerk it in this generation.


I guess I must be old.

Nope, I must have been raised with standards.

Later on the same woman decided to tell someone on the phone that she would twerk it for him for $20's after getting loaded on patron at the bar in front of the same 4 year old.

I wonder about the future generation.  These are the kids who are going to be servicing me when I need it.  I am scared.  I wonder when we will focus on respect again instead of getting by any way you can.  Don't get me wrong, times are tough for everyone, but when do we allow our standards to sink down and teach the next generation that it is okay to get loaded and take money for unjust reason.

We need to remember that getting to the top takes hard work.  We must have standards that are set for ourselves not for others.  When others do not meet the standards we have set for ourselves then we must move on and realize that not everyone has the same kind of support but we can always be there to support someone who needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment