Our priest had an amazing sermon today that really relates as to how I live my life.
He was stating that we shouldn't always say, "No, and I mean No." We should be saying, "yes," more often. This is something I have always thought because of my job. When you tell someone what they should not do, they are more apt to not listening to you because the think you are lecturing them. When you let someone know what they can do, it gives them a bit more motivation and drive because you are letting them know what they have the ability to do.
No is a word that I do not hear very often. I am a person who is always on the go and always wanting to achieve more so yes is a word that has satisfied me more. Everyone tells me that I should tell others No more often but after today, Father Ed has affirmed that Yes is the correct answer. When I am asked to do one more thing, I can be confident in saying, yes I can do this instead of that while giving an alternative maybe not the full task at hand and not just say no I cannot help you.

No comments:
Post a Comment