Saturday, February 15, 2014

Winter Compaints



Why is it snowing again?  I cannot believe I have to drive in this.  Is it ever going to end?  Why don't I just move to Florida?  I cannot wait for summer.  I wish my job had snow days.  Another snow day for the kids, really?    

These are all complaints from people this winter.  Then when summer gets here it will be so hot people cannot stand it.  

Yes, the cold weather and the snow is not ideal this year but its life.  There are so many more issues to worry about in life than the snow that is on the ground.  

Who cares if your child is home another day and you didn't have snow days when you were a kid you had to bundle up?  What if your child died of cancer at 8 years old?  That parent does not have the extra 6 hours to spend with a child like you will with your child today.   Cherish your children.  They may not be here today, tomorrow, or next year.  



So, you have a snow day, yippee, what about the postal carrier who is delivering your mail in -20 degree weather?  or the city worker who is getting the water main break fixed while being covered in water and ice so that you can take a shower?  Yes, we all like days off of work but that is what vacations are for.  Instead of celebrating your snow day, take a hot chocolate or coffee to those outdoor workers.  Do something for someone instead of yourself.  


It now took me 2 hours to get to work instead of 45 minutes.  You are alive aren't you?  You have a job right?  Some people didn't come home from work today, they ended up having a heart attack in the parking lot because of the cold air and their wife will never say I love you again.  The man walking the streets is trying to find wood to burn to keep his kids warm in the house because he does not have a job.  So we get less sleep and drive more.  But we are blessed, with cars, homes, and a job.  

Remember, life is a blessing.  Positivity instead of negativity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment