Saturday, January 11, 2014

A smile goes a long way





There is a security guard I see every morning and he always says, "Happy Monday" or "Happy Tuesday, etc," and the one day I said it back to him and a nurse started laughing at me.  She was making fun of me and I looked back at her and explained to her it is something that makes him happy and he enjoys his job.  You are over here complaining about everything under the sun, so obviously you need to find something to make you happier.

It does not matter how someone spreads their happiness, but it could change someones day.  Maybe he says this to the mother who had her child at 28 weeks and is in the NICU and that one "Happy Tuesday" is what she remembers from her stay at the hospital.  Or it could be to the housekeeper who just had to clean up a bunch of nasty rooms and she thinks it may not be so bad after he says that to her.

A smile can change the way someone thinks and positive thoughts can help someone through a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment