Monday, December 30, 2013

Deadlines

Tick tock, tick tock.  

Why do we wait so long to meet a deadline and then take it out on those around us?

I have been pondering this thought a lot over the past few weeks.

So many people complained with Thanksgiving being so late they did not have enough time to get ready for the holidays.  I shopped on Black Friday online and pretty much received all of my packages weeks before, and had everything done before hand.  I work midnights so my time is pretty valuable during the day and I did not think I would have time to be at the stores so I planned ahead.  Why do we not plan ahead and then blame everyone else because the stores do not have what we want?

When we know the holidays are coming and we have people to invite why do we wait until a day or two before to invite those people?  I am a firm believer of giving people notice.  As soon as dates are posted, I feel like you should be informative to those who need to know.  I think it might have to do with the fact that no one has personal communication anymore, life is revolving around social communication.  Pick up the phone and call someone for gosh sake!

Today I ran into a gentleman at the post office who was really upset that his letter came back to him and it needed to be post marked on Christmas otherwise he would lose out on $50 dollars.  When did he bring it to the post office?  December 24th.  However, he put his address on the back side as well as the front and it read the back side and sent it back to his house.  He was yelling at the postal carriers.  It is not their fault he waited until the day it needed to be postmarked to mail it.  When you get a rebate you often have plenty of time to send it off.  Do not take your procrastination out on those who have nothing to do with it.

Time.  We do not value it anymore.  It seems like we are constantly going going going instead of planning and enjoying what we have.  Set deadlines and meet them, you will then have time for those around you.  Life is short, we can't waste time taking out simple things on others when we failed to plan ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment