Wednesday, July 9, 2014

2 different lives

I sometimes sit and wonder how different two people can be yet they were raised by the same set of parents.  I learned early on that you never lie to your parents and you always respect them.

I was in middle school and I told my mother I was staying the night at a friends house.  In the meantime that friends boyfriends mother picked us up and we were riding around in her van having fun.  At the time, I wanted to be cool with my friends, however now I realize why my mother was so upset when she found out I was not at my friends house and I was actually out on the road.  What if we had gotten into an accident and my mother didn't have a chance to say goodbye?  Yes, that can happen anytime I am in a car but at least she would know where I am or that I was driving at the time.  This time she did not know I was out and about in car.  After seeing all the kids come into traumas at the hospital, she was worried at the time and I understand why.  I have not lied to my mother since then.  It has also helped me to respect her and let her know where I am at all times so that she is not worried or surprised if something happens to me.  Although I am 27, she deserves the respect of that.  I just wish my sister would have learned the same respect

I have also learned that your mother is your best friend.  Although there has been many times where we do not see eye to eye, she is going to be there for me when I need her.  I have never turned my back on my mother despite her not listening to me about my sister at first or when she had to spend so much time trying to get my sisters life back last summer because I know that there are priorities in life and you have to always change on the roller coaster of life, but at the end of the day a mothers love is the same for all of her kids.  When I had moved out and had a more serious boyfriend than in the past I realized that when I was sick, he wasn't there for me, my mother was the one driving over to take me to the ER when I passed out.  I would never put someone before my mother because she's the only one who knows love for me inside and out.

\

No comments:

Post a Comment