Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pay it Forward

I am a Wyandotte Jaycee.  If you don't know what that is, ask me about it, were pretty awesome.  Today we had a meeting and it had me thinking...

We are in a contest with our Jayteens to see who can Jay it forward more.  Jay it forward is similar to pay it forward.  However, you must take a picture and post it on social media to get credit.  The Jayteens are winning.  Someone made the comment, are we the old folks and that is why we are losing because we aren't always on instagram?  This is so true.  

Everywhere you go take a look.  People are always on their phones.  Every bit of life is documented in a phone now whether it be snapchat, instagram, Facebook, twitter, linked in, etc.   We have lost the meaning behind communication.  We have lost the personal touch.  

When I pay it forward the last thing I am thinking about is social media posts.  I am paying it forward to someone who is less fortunate than myself or not as blessed at that current time.  I surely don't think about snapping a picture of it.  So next time you are out, pay it forward, but pay it forward with your heart, not because you want others to see what you do, but because YOU want to make a difference.  

(by no means do I think it is dumb to snap a photo of paying it forward because its a good way to keep track of truth, but to some it might diverge the meaning and had me thinking of everything being a social media advertisement)

No comments:

Post a Comment